Republican Party of Citrus County
This last week Gov. Rick Scott raised the bar for transparency with Project Sunburst. Now anyone can freely view the emails of the Governor and his top staffers online. LIKE and SHARE if you support Gov. Scott's efforts to conduct government in the sunshine. More...
Updated: May 8, 2012
Updated: May 7, 2012
THE REPUBLICAN OATH Alternate 'LANDING PAGE' ..
I believe that the proper function of government is to do for the people those things that have to be done but cannot be done, or cannot be done as well by individuals, and that the most effective government is closest to the people.
I believe that good government is based on the individual and that each person's ability, dignity, freedom and responsibility must be honored and recognized.
I believe that free enterprise and the encouragement of individual initiative and incentive have given this nation an economic system second to none.
I believe that sound money policy should be our goal.
I believe in equal rights, equal justice and equal opportunity for all, regardless of race, creed, age, sex, or national origin. I believe that persons with disabilities should be afforded equal rights, equal justice, and equal opportunity as well.
I believe we must retain those principles worth retaining, yet always be receptive to new ideals with an outlook broad enough to accommodate thoughtful change and varying points of view.
I believe that Americans value and should preserve their feelings of national strength and pride, and at the same time share with people everywhere a desire for peace and freedom and the extension of human rights throughout the world.
I'm a Republican Because I BELIEVE...
- As our founding fathers before us, that more government is the problem, not the solution. The strength of my nation lies with the freedom of individual initiative, rather than the burden of government intervention and regulation;
- In a strong national defense, and I am proud that members of our military have shed more blood for the freedom of others than all the other nations in the history of the world combined;
- Taxes should be kept low to allow families and small businesses to thrive;
- In personal responsibility that drives me to provide for my family and to help my neighbors so that limited government can be used to aid those most vulnerable;
- In respect for human life;
- The defense of marriage and support for traditional family values, which are the building blocks of a successful community and a thriving nation;
- In the fundamental right to keep and bear arms in defense of my family and my property.
And I don't apologize for the fact that I live with the most freedom, with the highest quality of life, and in the greatest country in the history of the world.